Why register as a patient?
Registering as a patient at the North Colchester Healthcare Centre gives you lots of options.
A wealth of services
Registered patients can access any of the following services:
- vaccinations (including the flu jab)
- stop smoking advice
- contraceptive advice (including emergency contraception)
- specialist diabetes clinics and heart health checks
- chronic disease management
- maternity services
- cervical screening
- drug and alcohol misuse management
- weight loss advice
- travel advice (please note we are not a Yellow Fever Centre)
Making life easier
- We offer appointments every day, 7:15am-8:30pm Mon – Fri 10am-4pm weekends
- We have on the day non-routine appointments which are available to book from 7am
- You can see a GP of your choice within seven days and book appointments up to four weeks ahead
Use our services your way
At North Colchester Healthcare Centre we understand that life is busy for everyone, and you want as many options as possible when you are accessing medical care. We provide telephone appointments, a free appointment reminder texting service, plus home visits (if you fulfil the criteria). Find out more on our appointments page.
If you live in the practice boundary area (our reception staff can advise you if you supply your post code) you can register as an NHS patient. It’s quick and easy to do.
- Complete the registration forms by visiting the surgery
- Bring with you two original items (not photocopies) – these can be a council tax, water or landline phone bill, but they must have your name and address on
- Photographic ID e.g. driving licence or passport
When you register you will be given a health check appointment with a nurse or healthcare assistant. This is a mandatory requirement as it will complete the registration process and it is helpful as we need to learn as much as we can about your health so that we can provide you with the best care possible.
Please note that if you are on any repeat medication, we will not be able to prescribe this for you until you have seen a doctor. Please note we do not take any requests over the telephone for medication of any kind.
Should you need medical help and advice before you are fully registered, you are welcome to attend our walk-in service for minor illnesses and injuries. Alternatively you can seek help from your previous GP.
Patient open days/workshops
To help registered patients manage thier on-going health conditions such as Diabetes, Asthma, CHD and Mental Health we will be offering workshops that will be run by our clinical team offering advice and support on areas such as diet, medication and general support.
We will be starting the workshops off in May 2018 with a Dementia Friends Support Workshop. Click here to find out more about what a Dementia Friend is.
Dementia Friends workshop | Friday 25th May 2018 | Book your place by calling 01206 505 250
Stress Management Workshop:
26th June between 2 - 3pm - Stress Management Workshop. Open to registered patients and Walk in Patients. To book a place please email NCHC@nhs.net or speak to reception.
2nd July between 10 - 11am - Stress Management Workshop. Open to registered patients and Walk in Patients. To book a place please email NCHC@nhs.net or speak to reception.
After the success of the 2017 open days we are currently looking at similar workshops this year once areas of interest have been identified.
First Tuesday of each month between 9am-12pm - the Alzheimer's Society will be holding an information stand. If you require any help or advice please come along, they are there to help.
3rd Friday of each month starting 15th June between 9am - 1pm - Health in Mind will be holding advice and support sessions for registered patients and Walk in Patients.
Wednesday 23rd October 2018 between 10am-3pm - Colchester Borough Council free drop in advice session with The Health and Housing Project. Find out more here.