Why register as a patient?
Registering as a patient at the North Colchester Healthcare Centre gives you lots of options.
A wealth of services
Registered patients can access any of the following services:
- vaccinations (including the flu jab)
- stop smoking advice
- contraceptive advice (including emergency contraception)
- specialist diabetes clinics and heart health checks
- chronic disease management
- maternity services
- cervical screening
- drug and alcohol misuse management
- weight loss advice
- travel advice (please note we are not a Yellow Fever Centre)
Making life easier
- We offer appointments every day, 7:15am-8:30pm Mon – Fri 10am-4pm weekends
- We have on the day non-routine appointments which are available to book from 7am
- You can see a GP of your choice within seven days and book appointments up to four weeks ahead
Use our services your way
At North Colchester Healthcare Centre we understand that life is busy for everyone, and you want as many options as possible when you are accessing medical care. We provide telephone appointments, a free appointment reminder texting service, plus home visits (if you fulfil the criteria). Find out more on our appointments page.
If you live in the practice boundary area (our reception staff can advise you if you supply your post code) you can register as an NHS patient. It’s quick and easy to do.
- Complete the registration forms by visiting the surgery
- Bring with you two original items (not photocopies) – these can be a council tax, water or landline phone bill, but they must have your name and address on
- Photographic ID e.g. driving licence or passport
When you register you will be given a health check appointment with a nurse or healthcare assistant. This is a mandatory requirement as it will complete the registration process and it is helpful as we need to learn as much as we can about your health so that we can provide you with the best care possible.
Please note that if you are on any repeat medication, we will not be able to prescribe this for you until you have seen a doctor. Please note we do not take any requests over the telephone for medication of any kind.
Should you need medical help and advice before you are fully registered, you are welcome to attend our walk-in service for minor illnesses and injuries. Alternatively you can seek help from your previous GP.
From April 2017 we will be holding monthly open days and/or workshops to help you manage any long term conditions or to provide you with help and advice and training in areas such as basic life support for parents.
If you would like further details of these events please let the service manager know by sending a message on the Send us a message page and what you would like to know more information on and we will do our best to organise the events around your demand.
***NEXT OPEN DAY***
Workshop - As a young parent there is always a worry of your child putting things in their mouth that results in choking or what to do if your child stops breathing. At the North Colchester Healthcare Centre we would like to relieve some of that worry by offering training in-house with our top Basic Life Support Trainer.
If you are a registered patient of a child under the age of 5yrs and would like to book a place on our workshop addressing Choking and Basic Life Support please contact the surgery and book a place. Places are limited and will be based on a first come first served basis.
Wednesday 6th September 2017