Awards celebrate the cream of Care UK Healthcare
March 26 2018
Awards which recognise excellence across the healthcare professional spectrum have celebrated the cream of Care UK Healthcare.
From awards for nurses and doctors to recognition for innovation, patient care, quality and inspiring leadership, the Care UK Healthcare Awards were hotly contested and resulted in some truly deserving winners.
At an awards ceremony held at the Connaught Rooms in London, teams from across Care UK Healthcare came together to find out who would go home victorious.
The award categories and their winners were:
- Quality Champion – the pain management team, HMP Wormwood Scrubs
- Patient Focus – Vikki Beegan, acting day surgery and endoscopy manager, Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre
- Inspiring Leader – Shaun Hirst, head of healthcare, HMP Lindholme
- Nurse of the Year – Margaret Mahoney, clinical governance manager, Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre
- Allied Health Professional of the Year – Marianne Lawley, team leader endoscopy, North East London NHS Treatment Centre
- Medical Professional of the Year – Dr Zaneta Priscepionkaite, North East London and Will Adams NHS treatment centres
- Health Support Worker of the Year – Dennis Toledo, health care assistant, North East London NHS Treatment Centre
- Innovation and Improvement – Kathryn Wiggins, hospital appointments and bedwatch coordinator, HMP Lindholme
- Outstanding Contribution to Equality and Diversity – secondary care governance team
- Special Recognition Health in Justice – Hayley Roberts, Deanna Mezen and Judith Hughes, HMP Oakwood
- Special Recognition Primary Care – clinical team, Buckinghamshire Musculoskeletal Integrated Care Service
- Special Recognition Secondary Care – colleagues from Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre
- Special Recognition Central Support Function – Alice Newham, post offer administrator
- Unsung Hero in the Workplace – Debbie Meadows, catering assistant, hospitality services, Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre
Jim Easton, managing director of Care UK Healthcare, commented: “We were overwhelmed by the quality of entries to this year’s awards and, while it may be a cliché, we truly did find it difficult to choose our winners from such a rich field. Our winners and finalists are the tip of the iceberg – they represent hundreds of Care UK people who strive for compassion, quality and clinical excellence every single day. With pressures on health services across the board, and patients and service users quite rightly expecting the best care and attention, I am immensely proud that, as an organisation, we are consistently meeting or outperforming expectations.”